Our Results In Malpractice Cases
Rapoport Weisberg & Sims P.C. represents individuals injured or families of those who have died as a result of medical malpractice or medical negligence. The medical malpractice situations we have handled are widely varied and include the misdiagnosis of a condition, delayed diagnoses, birth injury and birth trauma, botched surgeries, unnecessary surgeries, incorrectly filled pharmaceutical prescriptions and inattentive care.
Representative medical negligence and medical malpractice lawsuits handled by the attorneys at Rapoport Weisberg & Sims P.C.:
- $9.858 million verdict against an osteopathic medical school for injuries suffered by a student after an unsupervised medical student manipulated her neck, injuring her long thoracic nerve. As a result of her injury she had two shoulder surgeries, developed a chronic pain syndrome and had to withdraw from medical school.
- $5.6 million settlement on behalf of a baby who suffered brain injuries at birth as a result of negligence in the labor and delivery room.
- $5.5 million settlement in case involving delayed diagnosis and treatment of Reye syndrome in a child, resulting in brain damage.
- $3.1 million verdict in delayed diagnosis of breast cancer case.
- $3.1 million settlement in medical malpractice case involving delayed diagnosis of an aortic aneurysm.
- $2.9 million settlement for wrongful death of a baby as a result of brain injuries.
- $2.7 million settlement for a partial quadriplegic in a medical malpractice case arising from a botched surgery by a neurosurgeon.
- $2.625 million settlement reached in wrongful death case resulting from undiagnosed subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- $2 million settlement in a medical malpractice case as a result of a delayed aortic aneurysm diagnosis.
- $1.75 million for failure to properly diagnose and treat compartment syndrome.
- $1.7 million settlement in a case involving a severe birth injury and subsequent death of a baby in Decatur, Illinois.
- $1.45 million settlement for the family of a woman who died after suffering a pulmonary embolism at Evanston Hospital.
- $1.35 million for client who underwent unnecessary surgery as a result of a pathology mix-up following a breast biopsy at an Illinois hospital.
- $575,000 for a 56-year-old woman who, while being assisted by hospital staff from her wheelchair to her bed, fell, suffering a right femoral neck fracture requiring surgical repair.
- $350,000 for a 47-year-old woman who claimed a wound infection spread due to the hospital’s failure to give her the antibiotics her surgeon ordered to be given immediately after surgery until 34 hours later.
Get Experienced Help On Your Side
For further information about medical malpractice litigation, check out our medical malpractice Q&A page.
If you have suffered from medical negligence, Rapoport Weisberg & Sims P.C. can help you. Please email us or call now at 877-216-4213 for an immediate, no-obligation consultation with our experienced lawyers.