A truck accident can cause many types of injuries
You never want to be part of any type of motor vehicle accident, as you understand that this could result in serious injury or even death.
As the driver of a passenger vehicle, an accident with a truck is something you want to avoid at all costs. Due to the size disparity, this type of crash can put you in a bad position.
Some of the most common types of injuries associated with a truck accident include:
- Head injury. This can range from a concussion to a traumatic brain injury that has a permanent impact on your life.
- Back injury. A common truck accident injury, any damage to the spinal cord or surrounding area has the potential to cause long-term pain and discomfort. For example, herniated disks are common in car accidents. This can result in muscle weakness, leg and arm pain, and numbness.
- Neck injuries. Similar to back injuries, this type of injury is common in all types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Chest injuries. Due to the force that often occurs in a truck accident, a chest injury is not out of the question. For example, this could happen if your chest slams into the steering wheel (or another part of your vehicle).
- Broken bones. You can break almost any bone imaginable in a motor vehicle accident. From your arms to your legs, from your hands to your feet, you never know if a bone will break.
- Emotional distress. A serious truck accident can result in post-traumatic stress disorder, which makes it difficult to live your life in the future. This is more common than most people realize.
There is no way of knowing what will happen in a truck accident, but there's a very good chance you'll suffer some type of serious injury.
Once you receive treatment and talk to your medical team about your long-term prognosis, you should turn your attention to the cause of the accident, your legal rights and how you can obtain compensation for your injuries and other damages.
Watch A Quick Video:
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.
**Board certification is not required to practice law in Illinois, and the Illinois Supreme Court does not recognize specialties in the practice of law.
What Our Clients Say
- Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you. I know a lot of hard work, by all of you, went into the preparation of this case and we wanted you to know that it is greatly appreciated. We worried about many things during that period, but one thing we didn't worry about was our attorneys. What a fine team you make! You guys are great! Read More
- I wanted to touch base with everyone again to express my thanks to everyone involved in the USAir 1016 case for the way the case was handled and the way you treated myself and my family. While I realize that there are other law firms that could have tried the case, I don't believe they could have matched the caring you showed us... Read More
- How do we thank you for doing such a tremendous job with the lawsuit against Freeport Memorial Hospital?...The day that check arrived I was so nervous, in fact I was a wreck until we had it safely invested. I am not thanking you just as our attorney, but as a very good friend...Read More
- We would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks for the supportive service that you have given our family during the past three years. While we wish that we would not have found ourselves in a situation requiring your services, we are grateful for the sensitive way...Read More
Email Us For a Response
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Tell us about your case and we’ll get back to you with a FREE case evaluation.
Bold labels are required.
Premier Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Attorneys
Call 877-216-4213 or Email Us For A Free Initial Consultation