Joshua L. Weisberg
- Construction Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Litigation & Appeals
Joshua L. Weisberg is a full time trial lawyer and a Shareholder at Rapoport Weisberg & Sims P.C. Throughout Mr. Weisberg's career, his practice has been dedicated exclusively to representing victims and their families in personal injury and wrongful death cases including lawsuits arising out of medical malpractice, semi truck and motor vehicle accidents, work injury and construction accidents, aviation accidents, and product liability. Mr. Weisberg has chosen to dedicate his career solely to representing those harmed by the negligence of others in order to help obtain justice for those who have been wronged, and to help make the community safer by enforcing public safety standards.
Mr. Weisberg has recovered millions of dollars for his clients through verdicts and settlements. Mr. Weisberg's most recent trial verdicts include a $4,800,000 verdict as lead trial attorney in a medical malpractice case involving the death of a patient after surgery due to a blood clot in Cook County, Illinois, a record setting $4,300,000 verdict in a medical malpractice wrongful death case involving a woman who bled to death in the recovery room after surgery in DeKalb County, Illinois, and a record setting $4,160,000 verdict as lead trial attorney on behalf of a 26 year old man who sustained a fractured femur in a fall in Dupage County, Illinois.
Mr. Weisberg is one of only 12 attorneys in the State of Illinois that has achieved board certification in civil trial advocacy from the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA).* Board Certification is the highest, most stringent, and most reliable honor an attorney can achieve. The elaborate screening of credentials that NBTA board certified attorneys must successfully complete includes: demonstration of substantial trial experience, submission of judicial and peer references to attest to their competency, attendance of continuing legal education courses, submission of legal writing documents, proof of good standing and passing of an examination.
Mr. Weisberg's accomplishments have also been recognized by Thomson Reuters which has selected him as a "Super Lawyer" in every edition of Illinois Super Lawyers since 2014. Mr. Weisberg has received a perfect 10.0 Superb Rating from Avvo. The National Trial Lawyers has named Mr. Weisberg a Top 100 Lawyer, and prior to turning 40 years old he was also named one of Illinois' Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers. Mr. Weisberg has also been selected to America's Top 100 Attorneys. The Law Bulletin has also recognized Mr. Weisberg as an Emerging Lawyer based on peer recommendations and comprehensive research, a distinction earned by fewer than two percent of all lawyers in Illinois.
Mr. Weisberg has also had tremendous success in the state and federal appellate courts. In addition to successfully representing the rights of his individual clients, in Bausch v Stryker Corp., Mr. Weisberg briefed, argued, and won a major landmark decision on behalf of victims of defective medical devices in the United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit. The case was featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Mr. Weisberg has also authored numerous publications and given presentations at seminars on topics relating to personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
Mr. Weisberg graduated from the University Of Illinois College Of Law, Magna Cum Laude. Prior to graduating, the College of Law awarded Mr. Weisberg the prestigious Rickert Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy. He was also named "Best Overall" in the College of Law's Frederick Green Moot Court Competition, and he was a regional champion and national finalist in the National Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Weisberg currently serves as a Member of the Advisory Board for the University of Illinois College of Law Chicago Program.
* Board certification is not required to practice law in Illinois, and the Illinois Supreme Court does not recognize specialties in the practice of law.
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 2005
- University of Wisconsin, Madison
- B.A. - 2002
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, March 20, 2014
- Managing Liens and Subrogation in Auto Accident Litigation, National Business Institute, May 22, 2013
- Illinois Trial Lawyer Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Jewish United Fund, Chair of Young Lawyers Group
- AIPAC, Washington Club
- The Standard Club, House Committee
- The Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- The Chancellor's List
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
Current Employment Positions
- Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2009
- Illinois Super Lawyer rating by Thomson-Reuters’ Illinois Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2018
- Illinois Rising Star rating by Thomson-Reuters’ Illinois Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2013
- "10-Superb" rating by Avvo
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyer
- National Trial Lawyers Illinois' Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- "Small Talk in the Cockpit is a Big Problem Requiring More Than Just Lip Service", CCH INCORPORATED, 2007
- "Wrongful Death and Survival Actions in Illinois: Trial and Evidentiary Considerations in Wrongful Death Actions. (chapter 6)", IICLE - Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 2007
- Bausch v. Stryker Corp.: A Major Victory for Plaintiffs in Medical Device Cases, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Summer, 2011
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Compensatory Damages in Illinois, Benchmark Plaintiff, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Plaintiff Firms & Attorneys, 2011