The attorneys at Rapoport Law Offices, P.C., have experience representing individuals injured and families of those killed as a result of motor vehicle negligence. The firm's personal injury and wrongful death lawyers represent clients with lawsuits arising from semi tractor-trailer truck accidents, automobile crashes, motorcycle collisions and watercraft accidents. A top-rated law firm, attorneys at Rapoport Law Offices, P.C., have been awarded the AV Preeminent rating,* the highest rating possible from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the country's foremost legal directory. Attorney and founding partner David Rapoport is designated as a Leading Lawyer by the Law Bulletin Leading Lawyers Network for his work representing clients with personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
Read Frequently Asked Truck Accident Lawsuit Questions and Answers for more information about litigation following semitruck and automobile accidents and your rights following a semitruck or motor vehicle collision.
We welcome your inquires and referrals. An attorney from Rapoport Law Offices, P.C., will provide a free case evaluation.
Representative lawsuits handled by the semitruck and motor vehicle negligence attorneys of Rapoport Law Offices, P.C.:
- $13 million settlement for a lawsuit arising from a semi tractor-trailer truck crash which occurred in a construction zone along the Indiana Toll Road.
- $6.9 million settlement on behalf of the families of two people who were killed, and one person who was severely injured, when the car they were in was hit in the rear, then run over, by a tractor-trailer traveling at a high rate of speed in a construction zone on a Wisconsin road. This settlement was reached while the jury was deliberating and was more than three times greater than the trucking company's best pretrial offer to settle.
- $5 million settlement for the families of two men killed in a trucking accident in the eastbound lanes on Interstate 80 in eastern Iowa. The two men, in separate cars, were struck by a trailer that broke away from a westbound semi tractor-trailer truck. In a lawsuit filed in the federal court in Chicago evidence was assembled proving the trailer hitch broke due to inadequate maintenance and inadequate inspection. The legal team succeeded in applying Illinois damages law, which did not have damages caps, even though the victims were from Michigan and Wisconsin.
- $2.75 million damages verdict for the wrongful death of a 76-year-old killed in a collision with a U.S. postal vehicle. This award was reduced by 20 percent for contributory negligence by the deceased, who was riding on lawnmower on the highway at the time of the crash. The net collectible verdict was approximately three times greater than the highest pretrial offer to settle this case by the Post Office. The award followed a bench trial presided over by United States District Court Judge Billy Jo McDade in the federal court in Peoria, Illinois. While the Post Office threatened an appeal, the case was settled for $2.15 million.
- $2.7 million settlement for a partial quadriplegic as a result of a car accident.
- $2 million settlement for a plaintiff injured when her vehicle was struck by a semitruck which had run a red light.
- $1.942 million jury verdict, setting a new record in Adams County, Wisconsin, for a husband and wife who were injured in a semitruck crash which occurred in Portage.
- $1.9 million personal injury settlement on behalf of two men injured in the crash of a television news satellite van equipped by the van manufacturer with the wrong type of tire and sold it in that condition, creating a danger that led to a tire blowout and caused the van to crash head-on into oncoming traffic.
- $1.8 million awarded at trial in an automobile accident case involving the death of an 84-year-old man. This award was nearly triple the insurance company's best offer to settle before trial.
- $1.315 million for the father of a child from southern Illinois who suffered severe injuries resulting in her death after the vehicle she was riding in was struck by a semi tractor-trailer that had crossed the median of the interstate, entering the oncoming lanes of traffic.
- $1.278 million settlement in an automobile accident case that involved a combination of improper driving and improper stop line positioning.
- $1.125 million settlement on behalf of a 30-year-old man who was injured when the driver of a van lost control while traveling westbound on Interstate 80 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania.
- $1 million settlement, the limit of the underinsured motorist coverage of the defendant, in a case for two teenagers injured when the teenage driver of the car they were passengers in lost control of the vehicle and crashed.
- Settlement, the amount of which is subject to a confidentiality order, was reached on behalf of the family of a teenager who was killed when a landscaping company trailer hitch failed, resulting in the trailer breaking free and colliding with the teenager's car.
- A confidential settlement was reached on behalf of two persons who were severely injured when a semitruck collided into the rear of their automobile while it was stopped on a divided highway signaling to make a left turn into their farm.
- A confidential settlement was reached on behalf of a woman who was injured while riding in a vehicle which was struck by a semi tractor-trailer from the A.R.F. landfill in Lake County, Illinois.
Contact a Chicago Truck Accident Lawyer Now!
If you have been injured in a trucking accident, Rapoport Law Offices, P.C., can help you. Please EMAIL or call now at 877-216-4213 for an immediate, no-obligation, consultation with our experienced Chicago trucking accident attorneys.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.